The Indian Dental Association launched its prestigious project “Child Task Force” on Sunday, February 28, 2010, at a glittering function organized at the Taj Lands End, Bandra. Under its banner, Child Dental Centre, IDA has plans to initiate a preventive programme to intercept dental caries with the aim of significantly improving child dental health in the country and eradicating dental caries, one of the commonest dental problems affecting almost 80 per cent of the child population in the country.
Consistent with its long-standing commitment to improving oral health among school children, IDA announced today at the launch of the Child Task Force the establishment of a Child Dental Center for prevention of dental caries among children. This Center will undertake, besides oral check up programmes of school children, the correct method of brushing, teacher and parent education programmes to create dental awareness, provision of critically needed preventive dental services through promotion of sealants and fluoride gells for prevention of dental caries through school based oral health programmes.
The Child Dental Centre, to begin with, plans to undertake a dental check up of school children in 86000 primary schools in Maharashtra State and will help the school maintain oral health records of primary school children.
Oral health is passing through a rapid transition consistent with the changing scenario of medical and scientific knowledge. In order to effectively meet the challenges posed by these changes, policy makers need the information, capacity and tools to assess and monitor health needs, choose intervention strategies and design policy options appropriate to the given situations. The findings of the school dental check ups under the IDA Child Dental Center, it is felt, would go a long way in improving the oral health scenario of school children in the country.
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
|Pocket Atlas Of Oral Diseases by G. Laskaris, Thieme Publications, Pages 370|
Table of Contents For The Book.
Q1. Can Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy Affect Patients With Bone Grafts Of Bovine Origin ?
Q2. Which Antibiotic Removes Smear Layer From Root Canals ?
Q3. Can Bone Regeneration Occur In Uncontrolled Diabetic Patients ?
Terms And Conditions
- The quiz is open only For Indian Dental Association Members
- Last date of receipt of answers is 28 February 2010.
- Shipping address for the book (prize) only in India.
- All answers should be written below in the comment box. E-mails not entertained.
- In case of more than one candidate with maximum number of correct answers, a draw will be taken out.
- The announced prize cannot be exchanged with any other form of cash or object.
- Please choose a working email because all the further correspondence will be done through emails.
- Do not write your address in the comment section, you will be contacted through your email, for address if your entry wins.
- Prizes will be announced on 4th of March 2010.
- Please check the site for the announcement of results.